Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Steadying into New Year

The weeping and fear 
Dissipate, 
And the tethers of 
My own life
Grow shorter, longer, shortening, 
In some concert with what is, and 
I think to myself that  
In this life 
Crisis hits hard as a boxer
In the ring, 
I see, though I might not wish to, that 
I am in a long-haul fight towards 
Unknown and 
My mojo hammers on me, 
Buck up, you. 
T told me, in an elemental
Wisdom, that P must be 
Who he is, and that filled my heart,
Essence of passage and struggle,
Real as stars, and there was clarity
And then, like a selfish dreamer,
The light of this new year and my
Impulses woke me
And I said to myself, 
In angst and near-delirium 
You are who you are as well, woman,
You want the fire, you want the heat, and 
You too want the
Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment