Thursday, January 17, 2019

January


Thinking about it, I
tend to sprinkle
seeds, gardening weeding, 
writing cooking and all the 
other ways of trying to leave
something of
me behind, so that I am part of the
past that is to come.

I shake a couple of cookery-covered 
fingers’ bits of flour,
spice, onto the floor, 
rubbing my hands together
anticipating the relish of spring’s dirt, 
coming soon, recalling how I 
squish lupine and peony pods for later
planting, trying to tell about all of this 
rich messiness in the words
stored up in memory, while 
trying to figure out the hardiness 
to brim the coming storms.

I may never do all the things I
said I’d do, may never tick 
some certain devilments 
off the master list
off the list
but I can try like bloody hell.

Now night time signals that it 
settles in new ways, 
they’re vibrant,
those interstitials
and along the paisley of
the way the world looks to me
there is latitude for new
imaginings at every sinew I can 
think about, my own

Our own
just the wilding
all of it, our own, for us
looking at the moon out there tonight
it seems we are expecting storm, but 
I say that we’ve been in it
and it speaks to us 
tho all it asks is that
we stay the course 

No comments:

Post a Comment