Friday, October 12, 2018

Reckon

It is already winter coming on. 
Hardly even had the time for
That spring.
Worlds collide,
Not just one thing and
Everything as well. 
These are not easy passages, 
In the same way that 
When worlds collide
There is some sense that
Must be made, otherwise

Without one’s own brimming
Scary magic,
(We all have brimming 
Scary magic)
There’s just a long
Dutiful slog through to a grey end, so
I tell myself feel the 
Newness everywhere, and
In the swirl of it all,
I find myself becoming mute
Sometimes, 
Trying hard to listen to 
Myself, not having much to
Give, as I’m taking it all in

I listen to my returning language,
To what wakes with me, what 
Speaks to me, and
I am very quiet listening 
When the night comes on.

All of who I am is whole cloth.
Now, I’ll call these fraying edges lace,
I’ve the feeling that my wings have lift,
I’ve got to think that everything I’ve 
Thought and pondered on is part of
My reality, the bundle 
Of my own life light, and 
The glittering scary magic when 
Those brimming worlds collide ...

It’s the winter part that slays me. 

2 comments:

  1. The brimming scary magic, the language bubbling through this like a laughing brook, it's all that I love about you -- and oh, I'm with you on the bit about winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Jillian. I love that you get my weedy thinking. And ugh, doesn’t it feel like the seasons are out of whack a bit, even up there? This isnt about that, though, as much as it’s about me fighting me and feeling all those other things that come along. 💜💙

      Delete