Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Coda into New

You do get to the point
You’re going to say and do
What you want to say and do.
You’re not going to 
Do anything anymore that
You don’t want to do.
It’s liberating, actually
And realizing, it occurs to me
To be careful.
The backstory word 
Rattles around in my head:
Tacit. 
In the strangest way
I am standing on the outside
Of my life, feeling it 
In ways I can’t express
The sense to let it be
Is filled with some new grace.
An order returns.
The hedgerows round the pond
And back towards Bobby’s fields
Start to bloom and knit again, tho 
Porous. I’ve been watching 
The light come 
Through sedum, cottonwood, 
Apple, pear, bramble, 
Rambling rose, elderberry,
Juniper, cedar 
Oh all the rest, the hardwoods and 
The weeds, 
I am living where I am,
Where I want to be. 
Where I want to be wanted.
That doesn’t mean I will be,
But I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment