Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cherry Carol

I watched out the window tonight as
The room went from black
To petal grey a hush of pink
In a blue night deep sky

I remember walking with the kids
At Cooper’s Cove and
Talking with them about 
Our night vision
It appears in wondrous bits
And brights, a palate that
Cannot be described arrives

I want a cherry tree out by the pond,
Probably at least a couple, 
And cedar back towards
Bobby’s road 
And I don’t want to block
The western winds

I cannot wait for this place
To wake up, all everywhere outside
Waiting again, and
Saying, come now and bring 
Your long winter back into spring. 

I figured some things out, figuring
More. Remembered some things, 
The rear view mirror sparkles,
Just alive, all there, and
Seen, night vision lit through
The bedroom window, my
Cherry trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment