Friday, April 7, 2017

Return

So they say, or I tell myself
Move on, and so I do. 

But it
Doesn't always work that 
Way. Musing, thinking 
About planting hops, 
Thinking about spring-pruning 
The old climbing roses,
Grocery lists and birthdays coming up
How the sky's starting to turn less
The winter sunset,
I stop to photograph 
A rushing stream in rain, 
Grey skies topping fields
Adjacent to a stand of pine and fir
Some other things, mindless of the rain

There's this thrum that's always
Humming, burning gold, 
I realize I don't know what
To call it, so I think for a minute

You are here, somehow. 

Coming down the road
Home's red rooftops float thru 
Rain, I turn into the drive, 
Sort of remembering where I went 
Taking pictures 
Mud was running in rivulets, 
I was driving through rain
And stopping, into it, and finding it...

I really needed you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment