Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Conversation

Later on, 
Neowise
Crossed the sky
I saw it, elevenish, 
Not really watching, 
I’d only meant to think 
About it, how perhaps 
It flew away 
From chaos.
In the bedroom 
I pulled my chair
To look
Northwest, the way I do
And in the familiar sky
There it was, perfect,
What I didn’t know and
Wanted to see for myself
Just there, 
Then gone
Doesn’t even matter 
If there is a point
I found the comet, 
In the northwest sky
Under the tail of the Dipper, 

Something led me here in my life
To darkness, no canopy 
To shade infinite question
It just may be that
I’m moving to what is: 
Each glimpse a whole 
Earlier, some sky 
Announcing difference, perhaps
Meaning 
More beautiful than 
Nights before, 

I found a notion to just
Take pictures of the conversation in
My head, looking into the opening of
Nights on end. 
Who walks then, in to 
Stars, behind logic 
Constraints that won’t stand 
Any test of time,
I watch a sky, I 
Watch the stars, 
Not alone

July 23

No comments:

Post a Comment