Tuesday, January 16, 2018

A Small Marinating

Light out
Light on the snow,
Moon watched last night 
As creatures moved 
across my landscape

This morning, looking
I saw deer tracks, familiar 
From winters past, and then
Three-striding with a long 
Snow gash. I said, an
Injured cloven-hooved 
And P said, no, a rabbit.
You should see them pop 
Up in the headlights
When I pull in. 

Anyway, amazing, those
Who live clear in my landscape.
They are here, fully effervescent 
Fully present from time to time.
In this realm, some of them.
Some of them already in the next

I stop to wonder where this kind of
View comes from.
And in the cosmic startle of 
Understanding, I see...
All this from the lean, rich 
Prairie, 
Fuel for a life, planted
For the taking, and with 
No knowing whatsoever, I’ve
Been planting too, 
Bringing life as I know it, as it’s mine,
To this canvas, to 
This home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment