Saturday, February 11, 2017

This

Sitting here just now
And watching, I am
Looking at
The sky, the moon again.
Last night, rather it was 
This morning, moon blazing, going 
Down beyond 
The other side of the world,
She woke me up, so 
I watched for a moment
Riding that western dip slipping into 
Oh beautiful an unobstructed sky,
Easterly light coming round, 
And I listened, dawn sounds faint 
In small waked moments before I 
Fell asleep again, and I dreamed 
To sleep this day.
I needed to 
Be still amid cacaphony, amid 
The noise.
My mother comes, her 
Beautiful miasma
Envelopes me somehow;
My mother now takes root,
Her words not many,
Though I remember these,
Clear as air, sweet gentled 
On my shoulders:
We take love where we find it.
Dark the canvas
In and out those years
And these, 
And uncertain my bravado
I try to integrate 
It all, each memory 
Making wondrous
Every current so that I can
Keep on going. 



1 comment: