Wednesday, December 14, 2016

December Sadness

I walk away and I think a little bit,
I think about the horrid
State of affairs in the world and 
How I cry and pray
How I try to hold
Whatever my constellation is
Together 

I find myself in this strange, urgent prayer,
And not necessarily suddenly, but 
All of a sudden something else 
Joins that supplicating reverie, 
And becomes
As alive as all the other transcendent pleas: 

Walk through my door.
Say hello, say goodbye, I really
Don't care; just
Walk through my door.
The dark grows longer 
Even as the light begs
Embracing. 

I struggle as best I can, but 
The closer I get to mortality,
The more I feel the 
Longing setting in.
Tomorrow I'll fume about
The dogs, the slick roads 
Really reasonable and stressful things,
Knowing somehow 
I'm hijacked.


No comments:

Post a Comment